The vast majority of Territorians are are saying angrily... "Enough is enough"!
- Rents are the highest in the country;
- The cost of living is also the highest;
- One third of the Territory is foreign-owned;
- Government decisions are invariably the opposite of what Territorians want;
- Aboriginal development has been going backwards for 35 years;
- Permaculture and other sustainable forms of agriculture are repressed, in favour of seriously damaging monocultures and chemical fertiliser regimes; all run by foreign powers;
- Ground water poisoning coal and shale seam gas projects are imposed in spited of absolute electoral opposition (surveyed at 96%+);
- Politicians are either corrupt or owe their allegiance to foreign interests;
- Darwin harbour has been leased to China for longer than any of us will live... 99 years... a sale in anyone's language;
- Education is being defunded;
- The electorate is entirely marginalised.
The real interests of the electorate are ignored and, instead, powerful foreign interests take control of our land, our resources, our water, our food security, our arable productivity, our currency, our government policies, and even our harbour.
How has this happened?
Each elections, we are restricted to a choice of candidates who are chosen by the same powerful investment banker and cartel interests, regardless of political party. The Two Party System is exactly that... a system which offers us a phony Hobson's choice... and in which politicians determine our future for us rather than convey the wishes of the electorate to the public service, as they should.
We, the people, need to take the Territory back and to determine our own future and ensure the prosperity of our families. In other words... restore democracy.
How? By very publicly presenting electorally-generated policy to the public service, thereby exposing the Two Party System as the hijacking of democracy that it really is. This publicity will enable voters to clearly identify People Power Party candidates as the only candidates representing their wishes.
In the coming months, all Territorians will be surveyed for their policy directions and priorities. As we speak, Aboriginal communities are successfully launching a parallel campaign.
Meanwhile, we all need to refresh ourselves as to the nature of genuine democracy...
ABOUT GENUINE DEMOCRACY...
We Australians, especially Territorians, are close to exhausting our patience with self-serving and ego-driven politicians whose main preoccupation is digging their snouts deeper into the tax-revenue trough.
- We Territorians reject the media-generated idea that electing these petty dictators to do our thinking for us, constitutes democracy. It does not even come vaguely close to real democracy.
- We Australians also resent our deliberately dismembered economy being snarled over by packs of foreign lobbyists, foreign corporations, foreign powers, and incompatible immigrants.
- We want Australia run for the benefit of Australians, and with no foreign ownership or control. Today (7 September) Government announced that a new register shows only 13% of Australia is foreign-owned, but the extent of NT owned by foreigners is more than this. And claims that minimise Chinese-ownership ignore that 90% of Indonesian corporations are Chinese-owned, 40% of Malaysian, and 100% of Singaporean.
Only vote for a candidate who has promised to convey the measured will of the electorate to parliament.